Thursday, December 27, 2018

NEW STUFF!

Ruffed Grouse
Well Christmas is in the past and 2018 is almost as well.  How was Santa to you?  Did you get that new lens, camera body, or some other cool gadget you've been dreaming of, I know I did. And what was the first thing I did after taking it out of the box?  Use it?  Nope!  My wife got me one of those new camera triggers and I immediately downloaded the manual!  That's right, the manual.

Javelina or Peccary
I know the temptation is to go right to using it but even if you're very technically inclined, and I spent 30+ years as and engineer, understanding what it can do and how to get it to do what it can do ain't a bad thing.  Turns out this gadget has several modes I was not aware of and it can be triggered by a number of different methods.  Things I'd of had no idea it could do without reading the manual :-)  I still have more to read and a learning curve ahead of me but understanding and comfort will come with time.

So, for this short but probably accurate blog, read your manual, get to know your new photography tool, and practice with it.  Using it to its fullest potential can only lead to better images in the long run.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
AND HAVE A HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS 2019 AND MOST OF ALL, MAY ALL YOUR IMAGES BE KEEPERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment